Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank attaches great importance to social responsibility initiatives. It firmly believes that CSR has a major impact on the society where it operates.
- The bank has allocated approximately 2% of its annual profits to charity and has formed a dedicated committee to study the social assistance requests from individuals and institutions. Since 2006, the bank has granted AED 22 million to deserving individuals.
- The Bank has donated through its Al-khayrat Fund, AED 2.5 million to support those affected by natural disasters and extreme events through the Red Crescent Authority and Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Charity and Humanitarian Establishment.
- ADIB provided financial donations worth more than AED 8 million to the UAE Red Crescent Authority.
- ADIB sponsored three advertising promotional campaigns for the Zakat Fund, paying AED 1 million in total as sponsorship.
- ADIB sponsored 68 mass weddings in the country either through the Marriage Fund, or directly through the tribes and institutions. These includes Alduroo'a family,
- Alrwashid family, Alawamer family, Alafari family, Alneyadat family and Al Ain Municipality management staff. It also sponsored a mass wedding for those with special needs in Abu Dhabi. The number of grooms that have been sponsored till date is 4224.
- ADIB sponsored the Traffic Week Campaign and the National Campaign for Traffic Safety Awareness organized by the Ministry of Interior, providing a financial grant of AED 1.5 million.
- AED 1 million sponsorship of the Distinctive Number Plates Auction with proceeds allocated to charity.
- Sent more than 100 people in need and those with special needs to Umrah at the expense of the bank.
- Since its inception, the bank has sent 350 staff to Umrah during the holy month of Ramadan.
- Cooperation with the MAKE A WISH global foundation to grant the wishes of children suffering from serious diseases; sent four children to Umrah.
- Supporting the activities of the General Pensions and Social Security Authority by sponsoring a ceremony for honoring retired employees.
- ADIB sponsored the stand of Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Foundation at the global village with AED 250,000.
- Supporting activities of Zayed bin Sultan Charitable and Humanitarian Foundation, with AED 500,000.
- ADIB sponsored Emirates Heritage Club events, with AED 1 million.
- Organizing five prison and 8 hospital visits by the management to provide moral support visiting and distribute gifts valued at AED 290,000.
- Distributed Iftar meals and food products to needy families within the UAE.
- Organizing a campaign to raise awareness of the risk of breast cancer in collaboration with the Health Authority in Abu Dhabi, at ladies branches of the bank. The Bank distributed leaflets about the dangers of breast cancer and how to prevent it and offered clients the opportunity for free testing by the Health Authority- Abu Dhabi.
- Supported activities of the Abu Dhabi Women's Association with a grant of AED 120,000.
- Equipped a training center for the General Women's Union, through a grant of AED 260,000.
- Provided financial support to a large number of schools and universities in the country.
- Provided financial support of AED 150,000 for the Al Noor Centre for the Blind and the Deaf and Intellectual Education in Dubai.
- ADIB sponsored the Disabled Day organized by the Family Development Foundation with financial support of AED 50,000.
- Supported activities of the Al Khaleej Autism Center and of Future Centre for Special Needs in Abu Dhabi.
- Supported National Campaign to define the meaning of disability held by the Zayed Higher Organization for Humanitarian Care and Special Needs with AED 150,000.
- Distribution of Ramadan Mir (food packages) worth AED 600,000 to more than 400 families.
- ADIB sponsored activities of the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowments with a total amount of AED 1.5 million.
- Supported the Ahl Albayt Islamic House for Quran and Sunnah in the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Constructed a mosque in the Emirate of Fujairah.
Providing Training programs for national talent
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank is keen to train national workforce and launched several training programs for new graduates and experienced staff, training over 4000 Emiratis.
- ADIB is a leader in Emiratisation initiatives; the percentage of Emiratisation in the bank is high and has reached 46%.
- In 2009, ADIB won the HRD Award from the Emirates Institute of Banking & Financial Studies.
- ADIB participated in all career fairs in the UAE in order to attract the best national talent.
- ADIB has signed MoUs with many educational institutions in the UAE to sponsor students and participate in the development of academic programs.
- ADIB has provided scholarships to about 40 UAE national employees to help them complete their graduate studies or university degrees.
- ADIB enrolled 900 students from universities and schools in its Summer Internships Program.
Contributing to the national economy
- ADIB signed a MoU with Khalifa Fund to Support & Develop Small & Medium Enterprises in line with its strategy to support this sector.
- ADIB has signed an agreement with the Mohammed bin Rashid Housing Establishment to provide home finance for UAE nationals wishing to reside in residential projects.
- ADIB has established UAE's first Institute for Islamic Economics and Ethics in collaboration with the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) in Abu Dhabi.
- Supporting the Islamic Finance Studies program t the Faculty of Law at Harvard University, through a financial grant of AED 150,000.
Financial Awareness Campaign
- To help increase awareness among UAE residents on how to manage their money and establish a culture of saving, the Bank has:
- Issued a financial booklet titled 'Smartmoney' and distributed more than 120,000 free copies.
- Increased awareness about its financial education campaign through shopping malls, educational and social institutions, and the bank's branches.
Sport and cultural activities
- ADIB sponsored the charity football match for children of Libya.
- ADIB sponsored the activities of Al Ain Club, Al Jazira Club, and Bani Yas Club.
- ADIB is the official and exclusive sponsor of Etisalat Pro-League.
- ADIB sponsored the inaugural Majid Junior Football Tournament.
- The Bank has sponsored the Mazayin Al Ratab Festival.
- Sponsored the first version of the Munshid Al-Sharjah program.
- Sponsored Al Ain Aerobatic Show.
- Participated as an exclusive sponsor of Global Village events currently taking place in Dubai.
- ADIB launched Teshjee'a initiative to encourage its partners, suppliers and consultants to increase their commitment to community development and Emiratisation initiatives. ADIB included corporate social responsibility and development of young Emarati talent as key criteria when evaluating all partners and service providers to the bank.
- Every Ramadan, ADIB postpones personal financing installments for the month of Ramadan for all customers.
- ADIB empowers its customers to fulfill the obligation of Zakat and give donations to the Red Crescent, through its ATM network and website.