Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +44 (0) 7733276990
Sustainability professional with more than 4 years of international experience in account management, supply chain, business development, CSR, carbon management and clean technology sales. Passionate about sustainability, aiming to contribute to the positive social change by using professional experience to help corporations to integrate sustainability strategies into the core of their business. A strong academic background in environmental studies complemented by commercial experience in international environments. Commercially aware account manager and business development executive with significant experience in management of sustainability data.
- · MSc: (MESPOM) Master in Environmental Sciences, Policy and Management with Merit (2009-2011)
University of Manchester, Central European University, University of the Aegean and Lund University
Thesis written with Tyndall Center: Aviation Sector Inclusion to EU ETS and its Consequences for the Sector for the First Trading Period 2012. Published by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing
- · BSc: Environmental Engineering (2007)
Middle East Technical University (METU)
- · Nilüfer Milli Piyango Anatolian High School
Account Manager/ Business Development, Ecodesk November 2012 – present
- · Manage and maintain excellent communications with global companies
- Managing sustainability data (including social KPIs) for supply chains of blue chip clients
- · Develop relationships with key large organisations worldwide
and convincing them become a customer of Ecodesk
- · Developing new business opportunities by communicating the supply chains of our clients
- · Demonstrate Ecodesk online platform to a variety of senior corporate staff including board level representatives in finance, sustainability, procurement, corporate affairs, marketing and communication
- · Support the evolution of Ecodesk online platform
Account Manager / Greensourcing Analyst, iVeridis – 6 months contract / May – November 2012
- Managing TESCO account by day to day liaison with senior clients in Tesco and ensuring delivery of quality work in timely manner while sourcing clean tech innovations for their stores by greensourcing software
- Designing and implementing successful engagement between Tesco departments to achieve their 2050 carbon targets.
- Working with different TESCO client teams to understand their objectives, gather their technology requirements and provide software support and training
- Developing and maintaining close relationships with key client contacts
- · Assisting with setting up and running a cleantech innovation competition for Tesco
Consultant, PE International September 2011 – January 2012
- · Working as a consultant on a carbon management project for one of the biggest bank in Turkey
- · Assisting Project Design Document - PDD proposals for voluntary emission reduction - VER projects for 2 wind energy projects
- · Being actively involved in sales activities ended up generating a project for Istanbul Municipality
Liaison Office Manager (Liaison Officer and promoted in 6 months), Delta-Eko June 2007 to June 2009
Delta-Eko, working in collaboration with UKTI as Liaison office for Envirolink Northwest and Kinetic Cubed Company under Welsh Assembly.
- · Identification of environmental market demands in Turkey and trying to analyze the opportunity areas for UK Turkey collaboration
- Finding suitable UK partners for potential projects in Turkey
- Creating, maintaining long-lasting broad external network within UK (150 organizations)
- · Managing the accounts of UK Environmental Sector companies (over 150 organizations) in Turkey by introducing them to related Turkish governmental organizations, municipalities and private sector
- · Producing background material for marketing, sales campaigns of UK organizations in Turkish arena
- · Identifying appropriate Turkish Partners for UK companies and creating projects
- Creating, organizing and coordinating events in Turkey for British Environmental Sector Organizations
- Acting as Business Analyst throughout project life cycle;
- Instrumental in design and implementation of 8 inter-organizational and cross-cultural projects including; 3 CSR projects, 1 Carbon footprint calculation, 1 Sustainability reporting according to GRI standards, 2 Environmental technology sales on waste management and hazardous waste and 1 EU funded project about Climate Change
- · Developing city based environmental reports for Turkey
- · Working in ENGAGE steering group on environmental awareness increasing projects
- · Working in UTES (UK Turkey Environment Society) as officer
Internship, United Nations - UN Head Quarters June - September 2010
Conducting research on the topics assigned by the Mission’s Diplomats especially for Turkey’s situation in
climate change projections and carbon markets
Internship, REC (Regional Environment Center) March - June 2007
Project assistant for Climate Change Project “Climate is changing what about you” working on developing
strong understanding of how to create climate strategies for big corporation in Turkey.
Internship, Ciner Group Park Termik January - March 2007
Preparing project reports on mining industry and thermal powerhouses according to regulations, and
working on removal of waste oil of mining industry and thermal powerhouses
Internship, Ministry of Environment and Forestry June - July 2005
Involved in EIA (environmental impact assessment) reports and projects on IPPC (IPPC Integrated
Pollution Prevention Control)
Internship, İSTAÇ (landfill) June - July 2004
Doing research in Transfer, compost, recycling, systematic storing and incinerator centers
Awards and Achievements:
- · Chosen for MESPOM with Erasmus Mundus Full Scholarship (First Turkish student) for exceptional academic background and significant work experience in an international environment
- · Chosen for the Climate Advocacy Institute (First and only Turkish student) for being successful in creating projects on climate change awareness in Turkey
- · Web marketing association 2008 web award “Standard of Excellence” for outstanding achievement in website development for Non-Profit/Environmental Sensitivity Category 2nd Design Award
- · Middle East Technical University (METU) Department of Environmental Engineering Wastewater Treatment Plant Design for Trabzon Municipality (2005) 2nd Design Award
- · Leader of the Mediterranean Youth Group
June-July 2009 Climate Advocacy Institute (Organized by 350.org, the International Debate Education Association IDEA, Bloomfield Collage and Open Society Institute
- · Group Leader (gave presentation to 20000 students - organized 6 fairs all around Turkey)
January 2003-2007 in METU Public Relation and Human Resource Office
- · Group Leader for voluntary work for disabled children
Organizing a team to give lessons to deaf children and giving maths lessons for 1 year
Seminars and Certificates:
- Developed exceptional sales and business development skills, and commercial awareness through, KOSGEB Entrepreneurship Certificate Program, METU Strategy Management Certificate Program, Leaders at METU Certificate Program, International Debate Education Association (IDEA) Certificate, P&G Suit Case Project, JCI – Customer Relations Management Certificate program, METU “It’s marketing time” Seminar and KOÇ Holding ‘Personal Improvement on Sales Certificate
- Improving knowledge and understanding on carbon management, climate change and project management by Gold Standard (GS) Academy 2010 Certificate, Climate Advocacy Institute Certificate, Project Cycle Management Education and Tender Period In Grant Funds Education Certificates from TCD and Waste Management Certificate of Ministry of Environment and Forestry
- Good communication and networking skills, teamwork skills, enthusiastic, conscientious, ambitious, hard working, determined and sociable.
- · Knowledge of MS Office Programs, AutoCAD, Water CAD and C Programming.
- Specific knowledge about Turkey’s position in climate change and global carbon markets, also experience in Voluntary Carbon Markets including preparation of project design documentation.
- Advanced numerical abilities and data analysis as supported by a high rank in engineering graduation.
Turkish (Native language), English (Fluent / spoken and written) and German (Basic)
Interest and Hobbies: Zumba, painting, cooking, decoration, travelling and camping.
References: Available upon request
You need to be a member of CSR Middle East to add comments!
Join CSR Middle East